YORK, Pa. (WHTM) — WellSpan Health recently announced on December 15 that it made a record $313 million investment in fiscal year 2022.
According to WellSpan, the multi-million dollar investment was an initiative designed to benefit the surrounding community through multiple dimensions, including:
- Extensive community-based programs and outreach
- charity care
- Unpaid Medicaid costs
- Complementary medical, dental, and pharmaceutical services
Get daily news, weather, breaking news and alerts delivered straight to your inbox! Sign up for the abc27 newsletter here
Roxanna Gapstur, Ph.D., RN, President and CEO of WellSpan Health, said: “Our commitment to providing accessible services, partnering and investing with community organizations, and providing tools and resources to those most in need, is to be a trusted partner to our friends and neighbors across the region. It reflects.”
The community impact of WellSpan’s healthcare system is measured annually in comparison to a three-year community health improvement plan. According to WellSpan, the community health improvement plan is based on an assessment of the health needs of the community.
WellSpan’s community engagement efforts/work include:
- Provides $1.4 million in community partner grants to local nonprofits supporting initiatives that help prioritize WellSpan’s community health needs assessments.
- Sponsorships of over $1.8 million to promote community involvement for community organizations.
- We screened 360,000 patients for food, housing and transportation concerns, connecting them to beneficial services and fostering healthy communities.
- We have provided wellness programs to 16,000 people to promote mental health, prevent and manage chronic diseases, and support lifelong health.
To view WellSpan’s complete community benefit report, please visit: www.WellSpan.org